1.16.4 Pre-release 1
The first pre-release for 1.16.4 is officially out! If you’ve been on the Internet for some time, you’ve probably noticed that you occasionally run into other players that you don’t get along with. To alleviate some of that frustration, we’re introducing a UI element called the “social interactions screen”, which will let you disable chatting with certain players, thus hiding any messages you receive from them. Additionally, the 1.16.4 update will contain some fixes for critical bugs, but other than that, this will be it for this dot-release.
New Features in 1.16.4 Pre-release 1[edit | edit source]
- New UI called Social Interactions Screen
Social Interactions Screen[edit | edit source]
A new screen available in Multiplayer which shows a list of all players on a server so you can can hide chat from any player.
- Opens with a configurable key binding, by default P
- Whether a player is hidden resets when re-joining a server
Technical Changes in 1.16.4 Pre-release 1[edit | edit source]
- New network protocol scheme, with a high bit (bit 30) set for snapshots. The protocol version will increase by 1 for each snapshot, but full releases may keep the same protocol version as the previous full release in cases where the network protocols are compatible
- More information is now added to the crash log in cases where poor performance causes the server to crash
Fixed bugs in 1.16.4 Pre-release 1[edit | edit source]
- MC-192434 Netherite Leggings are textured weirdly
- MC-199487 WorldGen Deadlock