Baby mobs are the offspring of an adult mob. They share the same entity texture as an adult mob, but have smaller bodies. Some baby mobs have big heads and small bodies.The following mobs can have a baby variant:
- Dolphin[Bedrock Edition only] (cannot be bred by players)
- Polar bear (cannot be bred by players)
- Piglin (cannot be bred by players)
- Squid [Bedrock Edition only] (cannot be bred by players)
- Zombie villager (cannot be bred)
- Zombie (cannot be bred)
- Zombified piglin (cannot be bred)
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Babies of cows, sheep, and chickens follow any nearby entity match. They also run a lot faster than their parents. All babies obtained by breeding take approximately 20 minutes to grow into adults. Animals can be re-bred after 5 minutes.
Foods[edit | edit source]
Different baby mobs eat different kinds of food, but hostile mobs can't be fed. Feeding food to baby mobs can boost their growing process, which is indicated by the green particles that appear when feeding them. The following mobs can be fed:
- Cats eat raw fish.
- Chickens eat seeds.
- Cows eat wheat.
- Wolves eat porkchops, mutton, steak, and chicken.
- Dolphins eat raw fish.
- Donkeys eat wheat.
- Horses eat wheat.
- Mooshrooms eat wheat.
- Mules eat wheat.
- Pandas eat bamboo.
- Polar bears eat raw fish.
- Ocelots eat raw fish.
- Rabbits eat carrots.
- Sheeps eat wheat.
- Turtles eat seagrass.
- Bees breed with flowers.