|Guides||This is a Guide.
This article has been assembled by one or more members of the community as a helpful resource, instructing players on some aspect of Minecraft. If desired, you may
Bartering is a form of trading with piglins and a gameplay mechanic in Minecraft where a player throws or right-clicks a gold ingot at a piglin and they examine it for either six seconds [Java Edition only] or eight seconds,[Bedrock Edition only] at which point the piglin will toss any one of the following random items to the player:
Note: The following list is for 1.16.2+.
- Crying Obsidian
- Soul Sand
- Fire Charge
- Water Bottle
- Nether Bricks
- Iron Nugget
- Nether Quartz
- Ender Pearls
- Potion of Fire Resistance
- Splash Potion of Fire Resistance
- Enchanted Book with Soul Speed (random level)
- Iron boots with Soul Speed (random level) on them
- Spectral Arrow
- Netherite Hoe [Bedrock Edition only]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If the gamerule
mobGriefingis set to false, piglins will not attempt to barter.
- Neither piglin brutes nor baby piglins can be bartered with.
- The items given to players can help in surviving/living in the Nether or escaping the Nether.
- If you give a baby piglin a gold ingot they will not give anything back.
- Any Gold items (such as Gold Ore, Clock, Gold Armor...) except Gold Ingot given to a Piglin will be examined but will not give anything back.