Bedrock Edition exclusive features
Jump to navigation Jump to search
General[edit | edit source]
- Add-Ons – used to change the way things look in-game.
- UIs – two user interfaces: Pocket and Classic, which is data-driven and can be customized by resource packs
- Minecraft Marketplace
- RenderDragon – the upcoming graphics engine, currently used in the Windows 10, Xbox One, and PlayStation 5
Commands[edit | edit source]
/mobevent– toggles the spawning of wandering trader and pillager patrol
/reload– used to reload function from behavior pack
/setmaxplayers– sets the maximum number of players allowed to join a multiplayer game
/tickingarea– replaces the functionality of spawn chunk in Java Edition
/transferserver– transfers player to another server
/wsserver– Used to connect to a WebSocket server that uses command messages to communicate with clients
/detectis its own separate command
- A user interface layer to easily set the teleport, time, and weather commands
Splashes[edit | edit source]
- This section is incomplete. You can help by editing it.
- Main article: Splash Texts
|Ported Implementation!||A reference to the port of Java Edition features into Bedrock Edition.|
|100% more yellow text!||Addition of splash texts|
|flowers more important than grass||All flowers can be crafted into dyes, whereas grass remains a junk item.|
|Touch compatible!||Most platforms that play Bedrock Edition use a touchscreen.|
|Almost C++14!||Minecraft PE was written in C++.|
|OpenGL ES 2.0+!||The version of OpenGL that Bedrock Edition uses.|
|Multithreaded||Bedrock Edition takes advantage of CPU multithreading.|
|!!!1!||Reference to a common typo when typing in multiple exclamation marks.|
|Hmmmrmm||References villagers' sounds.|
|& Knuckles!||Refers to the Sega game Sonic & Knuckles.|
|Endless!||A reference to Minecraft's infinite terrain.|
Removed features[edit | edit source]
See also: List of removed features The following features and content were removed from Bedrock Edition:
- Cyan Flower – replaced with the poppy in Alpha 0.9.0 build 1.
- Nether Reactor functions – removed in Alpha 0.12.1 due to the addition of The Nether.
- Glowing Obsidian – part of the Nether Reactor, it was also removed in Alpha 0.12.1.
- Camera – added in Alpha 0.1.0 and removed in Alpha 0.9.0 build 1, it is now an Education Edition exclusive.
- Old stonecutter – added in Pocket Edition alpha 0.6.0 and was used to craft every stone-type block in the game except itself. Removed from the game in Bedrock Edition 1.11.0.