|Click to view a list of all the stubs in this wiki!||Wait! I'm still growing!
This article is a stub. You can help the Minecraft Wiki bythis article.
|Click to view a list of all the stubs in this wiki!|
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Bees are flying neutral mobs found in plains biomes or flower biomes. They will go around the area collecting pollen from flowers, and will take it back to a bee nest which generates in those biomes (Take notice to the change of their texture and the pollen particles spreading). Players can harvest honeycombs by right-clicking on a hive with shears equipped. Players can also get a honey bottle by right-clicking on a nest while holding an empty glass bottle. Players can drink these honey bottles to restore 6 hunger points (File:Foodbaricon.pngFile:Foodbaricon.pngFile:Foodbaricon.png). If players collect the honey or shear the bee nest with one or more bees in it, destroy their beehive or bee nest, or hit a bee, they will become hostile towards the player. They will have red eyes and sting the player, dealing 1 (File:Half Heart.png) damage and giving the poison effect for 10 seconds. This happens in Normal and Hard mode, and you get poisoned by them. In Peaceful mode there will be no effect. Once successful, they will lose their stinger and will become passive, but will instantly die after 20 seconds. Placing a campfire or having a fire under a hive will stop hostility. They will go into bee nests and hives. Baby bees do not drop items or experience upon death, regardless of the cause, but adult bees drop experience. Bees can be bred using any variety of flowers.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The idea of using campfires in neutralizing bees is like using an invention called the "bee smoker".
- Dying after being stung by a bee makes a new death message: "<player> was stung to death".
- Due to the bees having the same breeding mechanic as numerous animal mobs, it can be safe to assume there is no queen bee.
- Bees will still pollinate and be bred by wither roses.
- While feeding them the rose will have no additional effect, they will get damaged while pollinating the rose itself.
- Bees can be caught with a lead.
- Bees are significantly faster in the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft than in the Java Edition.
- The sound for the bee was certainly a real bee sound as the Mojang crew recorded bee sounds of real life.
- This mob's behavior after exiting a Beehive/Nest deletes the Name it was given.
Gallery[edit | edit source]