Block of Gold
|Block of Gold|
|First Appearance||Classic 0.0.20a|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|No parameters specified|
A Block of Gold is a decorative mineral Block.
Sources[edit | edit source]
Blocks of gold appear naturally in Ocean Monuments, where eight of them can be found surrounded by Dark Prismarine. They can also be found in Bastion Remnants, located as random blocks scattered throughout it, found as a statue of what most players considered a Hoglin, or in the treasure room. Stealing/mining the gold will trigger any nearby piglins into attacking you. Another place you can find them is occasionally by Ruined Portals. Gold blocks can also be crafted by using 9 Gold Ingots.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Uses[edit | edit source]
Other than for decorating and storage, blocks of gold can be used as a building block for a pyramid that can be used by a Beacon, although they are very expensive to make as a different block may be necessary in making a pyramid. Before 1.9, they can be used in crafting Enchanted Golden Apples. Gold blocks were also used in Nether Reactor Cores to make them function in Minecraft: Pocket Edition, but the Nether Reactor Core's function was removed when the Nether was introduced in the PE version (Now BE).
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Blocks of gold can be crafted by placing 9 gold ingots within a Crafting Table. A block of gold can be split back into 9 gold ingots by placing the block in a crafting table making them useful as storage blocks. 8 blocks of gold and an Apple are needed to make an Enchanted Golden Apple (this crafting recipe was removed in 1.9). It's possible to make a more economical Golden Apple by using 8 gold ingots instead, but these are not as powerful.
|Gold Ingot x9 |
|None||Block of Gold||None|
Mining[edit | edit source]
A Block of Gold requires an iron pickaxe or better to harvest, otherwise, it will drop nothing.
|Breaking time[note 1]|
- Times are for unenchanted tools in seconds.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The block of gold's texture was different when it debuted. The texture was changed from the Survival Test 0.26 update to the current texture in the Halloween Update.
- Gold is the densest material that exists in the Minecraft world with a density of approximately 19.32 g/cm^3.
- Since a block is a cubic meter, a player can carry up to 1,235,295,040 kilograms: 64 items per stack times 27 slots per Shulker Box times 36 slots in the inventory times 19,320 kilograms per cubic meter of gold, plus 51,520 kilograms for 24/9 gold blocks for armor.
- The gold block is a yellow version of the block of diamond.
- This block generates naturally in the Bastion Remnants in the 1.16 - Nether Update (Snapshot: 20w16a).
- A golden pickaxe can't mine gold ore or blocks, which is kind of ironic considering it is made out of gold.
- One block of gold can can make 81 golden nuggets.
- You can’t barter with this item unless you turn it back into gold ingots.
- Piglins will get mad if you break one
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Video[edit | edit source]
- Gold - Minecraft Micro Guide