|First Appearance||1.5 (13w01a)|
|Type of Block||Functional Block, Redstone|
A Redstone block is both a decorative and a functional block.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Redstone blocks have all the properties of a normal block. However, they also serve a similar purpose to that of Redstone Torches, except that they can be placed on ceilings, float in midair, and cannot be shut off. They are mainly used in toggle switches or "T Flip Flop Switches" where they can be used to make a button function like a lever.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
A block of redstone can be crafted with 9 pieces of redstone.
|Block of Redstone||Redstone x9 |
|Redstone||Redstone||Redstone||None||Block of Redstone||None|
Mining[edit | edit source]
A Block of Redstone requires a pickaxe to harvest, otherwise it will drop nothing.
|Tool||This block requires a Wooden Pickaxe to be mined|
|Breaking time[note 1]|
- Times are for unenchanted tools in seconds.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If a redstone torch is placed on a block of Redstone, it will turn off after 1 tick, and it will not turn back on unless a player breaks it and places it somewhere else.
- If a Dragon Head is placed on a redstone block, it will look like it's talking.
- Redstone blocks emit a redstone strength of 15.
- Redstone blocks have the side texture wrapped around all sides.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Block of Redstone's texture.
Redstone Block giving off a signal.