|First Appearance||1.6.1 (JE)|
|Type of Block||Decorative|
|No parameters specified|
Carpets are thin decorative blocks, which come in a variety of colors.
Overview[edit | edit source]
A carpet is a thin sheet of wool that can be placed on the ground, completely covering the top of the block on which it is placed. A carpet acts like a half-slab, in that some blocks cannot be placed directly on top of it, such as a lily pad.
Carpets can be used as fuel. They can smelt approximately 1⁄3 of an item per carpet.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Carpets can be crafted from any type of colored wool by placing the materials in the following manner:
|Wool (Any colored Wool)||Wool (Any colored Wool)||None|
Mining[edit | edit source]
Carpets can be mined with any tool or by hand.
|Breaking time[note 1]|
- Times are for unenchanted tools in seconds.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Carpet can be placed on any type of block including on top of string and fences.
- Placing carpets on string will allow one to make mob-proof walkways since mobs will think that the carpets on the string are air blocks.
- Placing carpets on fences will allow players to jump on top of said fences. In fact, a player will actually jump onto the carpet which means that a player will be jumping up onto the fence's collision box.
- Placing carpets between an enchantment table and some bookshelves will cause the bookshelves to not be able to influence the enchantment table.
- Brown carpets can spawn naturally in villages where they are spawned on top of fences in order to look like tables.
- Before carpets were added, pressure plates were spawned on top of fences instead.
- Carpet is 1 pixel high.
- Although, carpets are made out of wool, the sound made is not wool, it's what's underneath.
- When placing a carpet on top of another carpet there is a gap between