||1.8 (Snapshot 14w25a)
|Type of Block
Coarse Dirt is a variation of dirt found in mega taiga, mesa, and savanna biomes that neither grass, podzol or mycelium will grow on top of despite the light level, unlike regular dirt.
Coarse Dirt can be crafted by combining two blocks of dirt and gravel, which will yield 4 Coarse Dirt.
Coarse Dirt can be harvested with any tool or by hand, but a shovel is the fastest.
- ↑ Times are for unenchanted tools in seconds.
- Coarse dirt is nearly precisely the same thing as normal dirt, sharing the same block ID and data value as the original.
- In 1.7.2, grassless dirt was added that looked like dirt, but could not have grass on it. Its data value was given to coarse dirt in 1.8
- The Silk Touch enchantment is not required to obtain coarse dirt, unlike Podzol or Mycelium.
- If a coarse dirt block is hoed, it will turn into normal dirt (before, it would turn into farmland), meaning one can effectively turn gravel into dirt.
- Dead Bushes can be placed on coarse dirt, but not on grass blocks or normal dirt.