(Redirected from Coarse dirt)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Click to view a list of all the stubs in this wiki!||Wait! I'm still growing!
This article is a stub. You can help the Minecraft Wiki bythis article.
|Click to view a list of all the stubs in this wiki!|
|First Appearance||1.8 (Snapshot 14w25a)|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|No parameters specified|
Crafting[edit | edit source]
|Coarse Dirt x4|
Mining[edit | edit source]
Coarse Dirt can be harvested with any tool or by hand, but a shovel is the fastest.
|Breaking time[note 1]|
- Times are for unenchanted tools in seconds.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Coarse dirt is nearly precisely the same thing as normal dirt, sharing the same block ID and data value as the original.
- In 1.7.2, grassless dirt was added that looked like dirt, but could not have grass on it. Its data value was given to coarse dirt in 1.8
- The Silk Touch enchantment is not required to obtain coarse dirt, unlike Podzol or Mycelium.
- If a coarse dirt block is hoed, it will turn into normal dirt (before, it would turn into farmland), meaning one can effectively turn gravel into dirt.
- Dead Bushes can be placed on coarse dirt, but not on grass blocks or normal dirt.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A patch of naturally generated coarse dirt.
Video[edit | edit source]
- Coarse Dirt - Minecraft Micro Guide (42 seconds)