Cookies are a food item that was introduced in Beta 1.4, version 0.9.0 (PE), and the first versions of the Console Editions. Cookies restore one File:Foodbaricon.png when eaten. They were hard to obtain until update 1.3 was released which made Cocoa Beans, one of the ingredients, a lot easier to find. Farmer villagers will sell cookies for emeralds.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Advantages[edit | edit source]
- Can be made into 8 cookies using just one cocoa bean and two pieces of wheat.
- Cocoa beans are easy to find in a Jungle biome.
- Wheat is easy to grow, and their seeds can be found easily.
- They are a renewable resource.
Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
- They will only restore 0.4 saturation points.
- Wheat requires a lot of time to grow, but you can speed up the process by using bone meal.
- If a player is not close to a jungle and they do not have a cocoa bean farm, cocoa beans will not be readily available.
- If fed to a parrot, the Parrot will be poisoned.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Cookies were the only stack-able food item at the time of their introduction in Beta 1.4.
- As of 1.3.1, cookies are easier to make because of the cocoa bean's farming mechanics.
- Cookies can sometimes be obtained through trading with villagers.
- In some of the 1.12 snapshots, cookies could be fed to Parrots (a reference to the phrase "Polly wants a cracker") to tame them.