|First Appearance||Indev 0.31 (January 30, 2010)|
|Type of Block||Solid block; Interactive|
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The crafting table has a 3×3 grid on its top and, on the sides, various tools are depicted, including a hammer, saw, and a pair of pliers. The underside of a crafting table has a texture that is exactly like that of wooden planks.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Usage[edit | edit source]
Crafting tables can be used as fuel in furnaces, smelting for 1.5 operations.
Crafting tables can also be used to repair damaged tools, weapons, and armor. This is done by combining two damaged items of the same material side-by-side in the crafting grid. This method of repair does not require any experience but removes any enchantments on either or both items.
Mining[edit | edit source]
A Crafting Table can be harvested with any tool or by hand, but an axe is the fastest.
|Tool||This block needs Axe to be mined|
|Breaking time[note 1]|
- Times are for unenchanted tools in seconds.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- 2012-02-20 17.43.56.png
A player's inventory with a 2x2 grid in the top right corner where it says "Crafting".
The interface of a crafting table in Minecraft PE 0.8.0 (it uses the MATTIS system).
- Xbox Minecraft Crafting GUI.jpg
Console crafting interface. Can be changed to classic crafting in User Interface.
- 3x3 crafting area.png
Crafting bench 1.14.1
The crafting table's new texture in Bedrock Edition.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On console editions, the crafting interface can be changed into "Classic Crafting" by going to the "User Interface" in options and enabling "Classic Crafting."
- A common mistake made by players when attempting to create a crafting table is using logs, which are cut directly from trees, instead of wooden planks.
- Originally, the crafting table was called "workbench".
- As of update 1.5 - Redstone Update, crafting tables and furnaces can be pushed by pistons.
- As of update 1.14 - Village and Pillage, crafting tables naturally generate in the little tents surrounding pillager outposts.
- The Crafting Table's sides textures are the same as wood planks, except with the tools on the sides.