|Click to view a list of all the stubs in this wiki!||Wait! I'm still growing!
This article is a stub. You can help the Minecraft Wiki bythis article.
|Click to view a list of all the stubs in this wiki!|
Overview[edit | edit source]
The crimson forest is one of the two forest biomes added to the Nether in 1.16. It is a dense biome with a crimson color scheme, as well as dark red fog and blazing particles. The floor of the crimson forest is a mixture of mostly crimson nylium and some netherrack. Foliage includes warped and crimson fungi, roots, huge crimson fungi, and Weeping Vines. Herds of hoglins are common throughout the forest, as well as piglins and their undead counterparts. Both nether fortresses and bastion remnants can be found within this biome. The leaves of the crimson trees are Nether Wart Blocks. It is the only place where you can find them. Plants that grow on the ground consist of vines, crimson fungus, and warped fungus.
The crimson forest is the only biome in the Nether with a readily accessible source of food, in the form of hoglins.
Travel[edit | edit source]
The crimson forest biome occurs in the nether, and so must be accessed through the use of a Nether Portal. A nether portal may be constructed by 14 obsidian arranged in an upright frame, and is activated by placing fire in the frame usually by flint and steel. Optionally, the corners on the portal may be left out. A nether portal can be up to 23x23 blocks in size.
Mobs[edit | edit source]
- Piglins--humanoid, pig-like creatures that are semi-hostile to the player. They will attack unless the player is wearing gold armor, and will also attack if the player mines gold or opens chests. They hunt hoglins and can be bartered with. Piglins have an aversion to soul fire, nether portals, and zombified piglins.
- Hoglins--boar-like hostile mobs that are a source of food and leather in the Nether. They have an aversion to warped fungus and will attack piglins when hunted.
- Zombified piglins--the zombified version of piglins. They will not attack the player unless provoked, and all other zombified piglins in the area will attack as well. They drop gold nuggets and rotten flesh when killed and rarely, gold swords and gold ingots.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The word nylium is a blend of the worlds nether and mycelium.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A Crimson Forest with a Weeping Vine close by.
- 800px-Netherwart Forest (Red).png
The Crimson Forest up close.
- 800px-Red Netherwart Forest.png
A view of the crimson forest.
- 2020-02-08 11.06.53.png
A person taking a screenshot of the crimson forest.
- Screenshot 2020-12-11 at 1.50.19 PM.png
BadBoyHalo finding a strange Crimson Egg in the Overworld on the SMP. It is an unusual find for a Minecraft server without any mods