|The contents of this page are not supported by Mojang AB, the Minecraft Wiki, or the Minecraft Forum.|
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Navbar/configuration' not found.
Bravo is a custom server with a focus on elegance, flexibility, and scalability. It was originally named Beta, but was renamed to avoid confusion after Notch's announcement of Minecraft Beta. Started on October 14, 2010, Bravo is written in Python 2.6/2.7 and supports PyPy.
Release 2.0 supports the 1.4.x protocol.
Features[edit | edit source]
Bravo has many unique features, owing to its usage of Python for easy modification and its use of interfaces.
Unique[edit | edit source]
- Custom Map Generators - New generator can be made in Python, and different combinations of generators produce unique results.
- Plugins - Bravo offers an event based plugin system, with plugins written in Python.
- Multi-protocol support - Multiple protocols can be supported, including the infinicraft protocol.
- Customizable Storage Backend - Besides the default MCRegion backend, other backends for saving and loading world data may be used.
- Seasons - There is custom seasonal terrain functionality, so you may have a winter wonderland or spring paradise.
- Custom recipes - Custom recipes may be specified, so materials such as coal and lava may be turned into diamond.
- Built in autocompletion -Parameters such as player names and block are autocompleted when typing commands.
- Multiple Worlds - Multiple multiplayer servers may be hosted on one instance of Bravo.
- IRC integration - One way server to IRC chat integration, with some IRC commands built in
Other[edit | edit source]
- Chest and crafting support
- Near perfect lighting
- Player entity support, and partial item entity support
- Physics, sand dropping, water flowing, etc.
Planned[edit | edit source]
- Mob Support
- Custom access control system for permissions, ranks, etc.
- Full Vanilla Feature compatibility
- TNT plugin
- More plugin hooks