Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Navbar/configuration' not found. xcxcxxcxcxcxA Dragon Egg is a decorative, egg-shaped block, which is dropped after defeating the Ender Dragon in the End. It is only dropped by the death of the first Ender Dragon, not by respawned Ender Dragons. It is also not possible to get from the creative inventory without commands.This do not apply to Bedrock Edition
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Clicking on the egg will cause it to teleport to a nearby area (up to five blocks vertically and fifteen blocks horizontally) and create the same teleport Particles seen around Endermen, Nether Portals, Endermites, and Ender Chests. Dragon eggs behave similarly to sand and gravel in that they fall when unsupported by a block, but they cannot suffocate a player since they are not opaque blocks.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Since Dragon Eggs teleport upon clicking them, a player cannot directly obtain the egg. A strategy to collect it in a player's inventory is to use a piston. Before placing down a piston, make sure that the portal around the egg is fully covered in order to prevent the egg from falling into the portal. Place down the piston adjacent to the egg, then activate the piston, and then the egg will drop as an item.
Another strategy to obtain the egg is to let it teleport once, then dig a hole next to it, and finally destroy the block right under it and quickly place a torch under the egg.
It is also possible to, after having obtained the block, to build a redstone farm called a gravity block duplicator. This will allow the dragon egg to be farmed, as well as allowing you to duplicate other gravity blocks, like sand and gravel.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Only the original Ender Dragon spawns an egg; respawned dragons do not.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Dragon eggs serve little purpose, other than a trophy, decoration or a way to respawn the ender dragon.
- However, Jeb has claimed that if the Red Dragon were to be added to the game, using the Dragon Egg may be the way to spawn it.
- The dragon egg is one of only two items that appear when a Minecraft boss is killed, the other item being the Nether Star.
- The dragon egg was technically renewable on Legacy Console Edition versions of the game, using the option to completely reset the end and get another "first" dragon kill.