|Click to view a list of all the stubs in this wiki!||Wait! I'm still growing!
This article is a stub. You can help the Minecraft Wiki bythis article.
|Click to view a list of all the stubs in this wiki!|
The two different colors of Farmland.
|First Appearance||Indev 20100206|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|No parameters specified|
</noinclude> Farmland is a block that is created when a hoe is used on dirt via ( on console editions). The farmland block needs to be within at least a 4×4 radius from a water supply so that the farmland gets hydrated and Seeds grow faster. When the farmland block is next to water, it soon turns to a dark brown, indicating it is moist. If farmland is mined, dirt is returned. In 1.16, the nether update, you can now place Farmland. Before that, to get it, you had to use a hoe on dirt or grass. You cannot use a hoe on Coarse Dirt.
Reverting[edit | edit source]
If the following occurs, farmland can revert to dirt. When this happens, any crops on it will uproot and seeds will be returned.
- If it has been dehydrated with nothing planted on it for a while
- If a mob or player falls on it
- If a block falls on it
- If an Enderman teleports on it
- If a block is placed on it
- If a Ravager walks on it
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When planting Melon or Pumpkin Seeds, only the stem needs to be on farmland. The product can grow on any adjacent block.
- Farmland that is near water can go one block up from the source whilst still being hydrated.
- Farmland can be made while it is under another block. However, it will turn back into dirt the instant it happens.
- Farmland can be obtained in the inventory through the use of commands or the 'pick block' control.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Wheat farmZ.png
Farmland is useful for growing wheat or other crops.