Fire Resistance is a Status Effect which grants a player temporary immunity to heat-related sources of damage, such as Fire, Lava, or a Blaze's fireball attacks. It has a strange orange color. However, it will not douse the fire from a player, so if the effect runs out while a player is burning, they will start taking fire damage. This is one of the most useful status effects to have while exploring the Nether. When the player goes into a fire source, they will catch on fire but not take damage.
Like all status effects, it can be removed by drinking milk.
Source[edit | edit source]
This status effect can be gained from the following sources:
- Potion of Fire Resistance
- Arrow of Fire Resistance
- Enchanted Golden Apple
- Splash Potions of Fire Resistance
- Lingering Potions of Fire Resistance
- Totem of Undying (console edition only)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- You can get an achievement from standing in lava with the Fire Resistance effect on, called "Staying Frosty."
Gallery[edit | edit source]