|First Appearance||Snapshot 12w34a|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
Flower Pots are decorative blocks that were added in 1.4.2 - The Pretty Scary Update. One can place many types of plants in a flower pot. flowers, ferns, cacti, dead bushes, saplings, bamboo, and mushrooms all can go into a flower pot. Flower pots can only be placed on top of a solid block.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Placing a flower pot is like placing any other block, except it must be on a solid block. Once placed, a player can place a plant inside the flower pot by right-clicking on the flower pot with the plant of a player's choice in hand.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Saplings will not grow when inside a flower pot, as they grow into trees whose blocks are larger than flower pots.
- A cactus will not harm players when grown inside a flower pot, nor will wither roses cause damage when placed in a flower pot.
- Flower pots also appear naturally in Witch huts, with mushrooms planted in them.
- The flower pot's former recipe required dirt in the middle. Even though there was no dirt on the flower pot's crafting recipe, a player can still see a small amount of it inside the pot.
- The flower pot is based on a suggestion from Reddit, like Ender Chests and Item Frames.