|First Appearance||Classic 0.0.18a_02|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|No parameters specified|
</noinclude>Glass is a transparent block used primarily for decoration on houses.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Glass is made by smelting Sand in a Furnace. Sunlight can penetrate through glass, making it useful for buildings such as greenhouses and indoor farms, or for use as a view-port. As of 1.8 Beta, glass can be naturally found in villages. Glass blocks adjacent to each other are invisible when viewed through glass. Snow does not accumulate on glass blocks, so they are useful in cold biomes, where a player does not want snowy surfaces. Like some other blocks, such as mycelium, a tool with the silk touch enchantment is required to collect a glass block without breaking it; otherwise, it will drop nothing.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
|Glass Pane x16||Glass Bottle x3|
|Nether Quartz||Nether Quartz||Nether Quartz|
|Wooden Slab||Wooden Slab||Wooden Slab|
|Stained Glass x8||Beacon|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the Survival Test development phase, the glass could be broken very quickly and would drop a glass block to pick up. The only way to obtain glass at that time was to place them on the map before the world was loaded in the game client.
- When the glass block is placed over a dropped item, the item is trapped inside the glass but can be retrieved normally.
- As of update 1.2, torches can be placed on top of the glass, but not on the side of the block.
- If the glass block is being broken, the sky behind it will turn blue, even if there are clouds.
- Glass and other transparent blocks' other sides cannot be seen; if it is looked at from one side, the texture for the other side of the glass isn't visible, even if a player makes a 16x16 area of glass, it will still happen.
- Glass absorbs most of the damage taken from TNT.
- If clouds touch the glass, the glass becomes invisible.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Screen Shot 2013-06-12 at 10.42.04 AM.png
A gigantic sloped wall of glass made in the DesiredCraft server.
Video[edit | edit source]
- Glass Blocks - Minecraft Micro Guide