Horse Armor is an item that appeared in update 1.6. It is used to protect a player's Horse from taking damage, and it functions in a similar way to how regular Armor affects a Player, except it cannot break and it reduces less damage..
Types[edit | edit source]
There are four types of Horse Armor in most versions of Minecraft: Leather, Iron, Gold, and Diamond. Horse Armor does not break over time like most Tools and Armor. Leather is the weakest, and despite Gold being the weakest armor material because of its low durability, Gold Horse Armor is slightly more effective than Iron Horse Armor. It provides more protection, and it is much rarer. Diamond Horse Armor is still the best type to use for protection when it comes to horse armor. Leather Horse Armor can also be dyed as of 1.14.
Protection Values[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
Horse Armor can be found inside Dungeon chests, Village Blacksmith chests, Nether Fortresses, Desert Temples, and Abandoned Mineshafts. It can also be obtained by Trading with a leatherworker Villager (will only sell the leather version), and killing horses wearing horse armor.
Leather Horse Armor can be crafted, and cannot be found in loot chests.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
|Leather Horse Armor|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unlike regular Armor, Horse Armor cannot be enchanted.
- If a Horse dies while wearing Horse Armor, the Horse Armor will drop as an item.
- Iron and Gold Horse Armor can be smelted into Iron Nuggets or Gold Nuggets, respectively.
- In previous versions of Minecraft, Horse Armor was crafted from Iron, Diamond, or Gold, along with any color of Wool.
- Gold horse armor is stronger than iron horse armor, despite gold being one of the most fragile crafting materials in game.
- Although leather horse armor is new to Java Edition, it was added to Pocket Edition and later the rest of Bedrock Edition in 0.5.0.