|Click to view a list of all the stubs in this wiki!||Wait! I'm still growing!
This article is a stub. You can help the Minecraft Wiki bythis article.
|Click to view a list of all the stubs in this wiki!|
|First Appearance||Beta 1.9|
|Type of Block||Solid Block, Plant|
|No parameters specified|
Lily pads can be instantly mined with anything. Boats also destroy lily pads if the boat touches the lily pad.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Fishing[edit | edit source]
Lily pads can be caught as a "treasure" item while fishing.
Trading[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Lily pads are destroyed when the water beneath them freezes and becomes ice.
- Lily pads are classified as a "treasure" when fishing.
- Lily pads can be harvested from swamps without needing a fishing rod.
- Lily pads are destroyed when water flows on them. This can be used to climb by alternating the placement of lily pads and water source blocks without leaving the placed lily pads.
- If a lily pad is placed on the water on a farm, the water will still irrigate the nearby tilled land.
- A boat can break lily pads, but doing so slows down the boat.
- However, before 1.9, boats would smash to planks and sticks when they hit a lilypad.
- Lily pads can block a player directly under them from surfacing, potentially causing drowning under specific circumstances.
- If players sprint while placing lily pads down, it provides a very quick way to go across water.
- Mobs cannot spawn on top of lily pads.
- Wandering Traders will sell lily pads in exchange for emeralds.