Nether Quartz Ore
|Click to view a list of all the stubs in this wiki!||Wait! I'm still growing!
This article is a stub. You can help the Minecraft Wiki bythis article.
|Click to view a list of all the stubs in this wiki!|
|Nether Quartz Ore|
|First Appearance||1.5 (Snapshot 13w01a)|
|Type of Block||Solid Block, Ore|
|No parameters specified|
Nether Quartz Ore is an ore that is found only in the Nether. Nether quartz ore has a 45% chance of spawning, which is similar to the iron ore spawn rate in the Overworld. When mined with any pickaxe, nether quartz ore will drop a piece of nether quartz, which can be used to craft daylight sensors, and redstone comparators. The amount of nether quartz dropped can be increased with a Fortune pickaxe. When nether quartz ore was first introduced in snapshot 13w01a, it couldn't be smelted if it was obtained with a silk touch pickaxe or while in Creative. This was fixed in snapshot 13w01b. Nether Quartz Ore will also drop experience when mined.
Mining[edit | edit source]
Nether Quartz Ore requires a pickaxe to harvest, otherwise, it will drop nothing.
|Tool||This block requires a Wooden Pickaxe to be mined|
|Breaking time[note 1]|
- Times are for unenchanted tools in seconds.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Nether quartz ore is as common as iron ore in the overworld, but it appears to be more common because of the irregular generation of the nether, which exposes nether quartz ore much more frequently.
- Unlike netherrack, nether quartz ore does not burn forever if fire is lit on it.
- Nether quartz has the biggest type of ore vein in the game, going up to 20 pieces of quartz per ore vein.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Nether Quartz Ore.png
- Quartz orrrrrre.jpeg
Video[edit | edit source]
- Nether Quartz - Minecraft Micro Guide