|Click to view a list of all the stubs in this wiki!||Wait! I'm still growing!
This article is a stub. You can help the Minecraft Wiki bythis article.
|Click to view a list of all the stubs in this wiki!|
Obsidian Pillars are structures located in the End.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Atop each obsidian pillar is an End Crystal (two of the crystals are protected by iron bars). Multiple pillars can be found around the Exit Portal, and the Ender Dragon will roam around the pillars to heal itself. This is visualized by a beam of particles which flows between the crystal and the dragon, whenever it flies close.
The pillars are very high, meaning it is quite hard to destroy the crystals. Players may need to use ladders or water to get to the ender crystal; however, a player can hit some of the crystals with snowballs without having to get on top of the pillars.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Obsidian pillars will regenerate when the ender dragon is being revived.
- The ender dragon cannot destroy ender crystals, iron bars or any of the obsidian pillars.
- On obsidian pillars, a special bedrock slab is located there. They disappear when the ender crystal is destroyed.
- This cannot be seen when a player places down an End Crystal
- Obsidian pillars are one of the easiest ways to obtain obsidian as thousands of blocks of obsidian can be mined before regenerating them.
- Obsidian pillars were added in the 1.8. Beta Adventure update along with the main island.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Bedrock slab of an Ender Crystal
The Ender Dragon healing from a End Crystal.