|First Appearance||1.7.2 (JE)|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|No parameters specified|
</noinclude> Podzol is a dirt-like block that naturally blankets the surface of the giant tree taiga and bamboo jungle biomes or when a 4×4 spruce sapling tree is grow. Grass blocks and myceliums cannot spread to this block. It was added in Java Edition 1.7 and Pocket Edition 0.9.0. If it is mined without a Silk Touch tool, it will turn into regular dirt.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Dead bushes can be placed on podzol, but not on grass or normal dirt. This is not true in the Bedrock Edition.
- Before update 1.14, podzol could only be found in the mega taiga biome.
- Unlike mycelium and grass, podzol makes the dirt sound when broken, walked on or placed.
- Wandering traders will sell podzol in exchange for emeralds.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Podzol inventory.png
The first image posted of podzol by Dinnerbone.
Video[edit | edit source]
- Podzol - Minecraft Micro Guide