Jump to navigation Jump to search
|First Appearance||Java Edition: 1.7 13w39a|
Pocket Edition: 0.9.0 build 1
|Type of Block||Natural Block (static), Entity (falling)|
|No parameters specified|
Crafting[edit | edit source]
|Red Sand||Red Sand||None||Gunpowder||Red Sand||Gunpowder|
|Red Sand||Red Sand||None||Red Sand||Gunpowder||Red Sand|
Mining[edit | edit source]
Red Sand can be harvested with any tool or by hand, but a shovel is the fastest.
|Breaking time[note 1]|
- Times are for unenchanted tools in seconds.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Players can plant cacti on it, making it a good alternative for sand.
- It was first added to Minecraft in 1.7.2.
- It can be used to make TNT and glass, but not standard sandstone or concrete powder.
- Apart from color, the textures for the two kinds of sand are the same.
- As of Minecraft 1.8 update, players can craft red sandstone out of red sand.
- Sand and red sand are sold by wandering traders in exchange for emeralds.
- Unlike regular sand, baby turtles cannot hatch on it.