- For other sand-related objects in Minecraft, see Sand (Disambiguation).
Red Sand is a block added to Minecraft in update 1.7 that can be found in the badlands biome. It is affected by gravity and obeys physics, like its counterpart in the desert biome.
Red Sand can be harvested with any tool or by hand, but a shovel is the fastest.
- ↑ Times are for unenchanted tools in seconds.
- Players can plant cacti on it, making it a good alternative for sand.
- It was first added to Minecraft in 1.7.2.
- It can be used to make TNT and glass, but not standard sandstone or concrete powder.
- Apart from color, the textures for the two kinds of sand are the same.
- As of Minecraft 1.8 update, players can craft red sandstone out of red sand.
- Sand and red sand are sold by wandering traders in exchange for emeralds.
- Unlike regular sand, baby turtles cannot hatch on it.