|First Appearance||Beta 1.3|
|Type of Block||Solid Block, Redstone|
|No parameters specified|
A Redstone Repeater is a redstone related block. It can act as a repeater, a diode, or a delay.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The redstone repeater is a flat grey surface with a small red bar near the bottom of the block with a movable redstone torch on that bar. Another redstone torch is seen in front of the red bar, with its length and width the same as the average block. Its height is mildly shortened (if you include the redstone torches).
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
A repeater extends a powered redstone current by fifteen blocks. The repeater can delay this current by up to four-tenths of a second, though several repeaters can be used in front of each other, creating a longer delay. Repeaters will have their movable torch become a horizontal bedrock bar if powered from the side by another repeater and stop responding to changes to the input block while in this state. This can work as a diode, which is an electronic component designed to keep the electric (or in this case redstone) signal flowing in one direction.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
|Redstone Torch||Redstone||Redstone Torch|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before Beta 1.6, the particles generated when the block was destroyed looked like those of a pumpkin.
- In the coding, it's referenced as a "diode", a semiconductor device with two terminals (a cathode and anode), typically allowing the flow of current in one direction only. This is because the repeater can be used as a diode.
- The reason why the redstone torches appear shorter is because the torches are actually off-set from their y-axis.
- A redstone repeater will naturally generate in a jungle temple.
- If a redstone repeater is sending a signal directly into the side of another redstone repeater, it will make the second repeater's movable torch into a horizontal bedrock bar, and all signals produced by the repeater will be blocked.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Redstone Repeater active. (New texture)
Redstone Repeater active. (Old texture)
- Minecraft repeater lock.png
Two repeaters in a repeater lock. Note how it is still powered even when the input has been disconnected.
- Repeater Ticks.jpg
4 Repeaters with tick delays