|First Appearance||JE: 1.8 snapshot 14w02a|
PE: 0.14.0 build 1
|No parameters specified|
</noinclude>The Slime Block is a block added to Minecraft: Java Edition 1.8 and Pocket Edition alpha 0.14.0. It can be crafted by putting nine slimeballs in a crafting table. It is used to bounce entities, making it useful for map makers. It also makes the entity take no fall damage when landing on it. However, if the entity lands on the edge with their center, not on the slime block, or is sneaking when it lands, the normal fall damage will still be dealt. When falling on top of a slime block, it will bounce the entity back 60% of the height of the initial height (e.g. a 10 block fall will give a 6 block bounce). However, the higher the jump height, the lower the percentage of the bounce (e.g. a 256 block fall will give a 50–60 block bounce, which is about 20%). If a player is jumping when they land, then they will take no fall damage, but the slime block's bouncing effect is ignored.
It can be broken instantly, regardless of the tool used. This makes it useful for blocking off passages when a player has mining fatigue.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
|Slime Block||Slimeball x9 |
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Its texture is almost identical to a small slime but without eyes and a mouth.
- It still bounces a player up if a carpet is placed on top of it.
- In snapshot 14w18a, if a piston pushes a slime block that has any movable blocks attached to it, the slime block will drag them with it (similar to the sticky piston).
- While it is in the decoration tab of the Creative inventory, slime blocks can be considered Redstone-related for this purpose.
- This will not work with immovable blocks, such as obsidian.
- As per usual, up to 12 blocks can be pushed at the same time.
- With this method, "forever flying machines" can be created.
- Using the same method as above, missiles and even tunnel boring machines can be created.
- Slime Blocks make items in a water stream flow faster if the former is under the stream.
- If a guardian or elder guardian flops on a slime block, they will bounce higher and higher each time they land on it.
- Slime blocks are required for the "Trampoline" achievement, which involves bouncing 30 blocks high after landing on a slime block.
- On Bedrock Edition, there is an odd glitch where you could apply a slime block to the boot slot of the armor stand, and the latter would look like it's wearing slippers.
- If pushed by a piston, it can bounce entities 7 blocks high.