Splash Potions are a special sort of potion that, rather than being consumed, is thrown. They have a small radius of effect around the point of impact.
Brewing a Splash Potion[edit | edit source]
To create a splash potion:
- Brew the desired effect into a standard potion.
- Add gunpowder.
Using a Splash Potion[edit | edit source]
Splash Potions are thrown rather than consumed. Therefore, when a player right-clicks while holding a Splash Potion, they will throw it, causing it to hit and affect all nearby mobs and/or players, or put out nearby fires if it's an untampered splash potion. Splash Potions can also be loaded into a dispenser for redstone-controlled attacks.
Note also that when a Splash Potion is used, the bottle is destroyed, as opposed to simply being emptied when a player drinks from it. And, as with all potions, they do not stack. Therefore, a player must keep a large reserve of bottles if they wish to use many potions.
Area of Effect[edit | edit source]
The further away from the center of the explosion, using taxicab geometry with a range of 5 blocks. This was tested with a 60-second splash potion of weakness and the tables below list the effect in both seconds and percent. There is variance within each block, so this is a gradient scale. Damage potions are assumed to follow a similar decrease in potency.
Percentage (00 = 100%)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- They are more effective when thrown at the head of something rather than the feet.
- They reduce the length of the effect by 25% of the original effect.
- Splash potions of harming will heal undead mobs, such as zombies, skeletons, and zombie pigmen, and splash potions of healing will harm them like their negative counterparts.
- Splash potions of regeneration and poison have no effect on undead mobs.
- Splash potions will make the fists or any item that deals less than 4 hearts of damage (2 full hearts) will deal no damage at all to the mob including players. The same goes for mobs with the effect too.
- Witches will attack the player with harmful splash potions, and during raids will assist raiders by throwing splash potions of regeneration.