Survival Test is a past game mode that was the second one of its kind after Classic. As the name suggests, this version was to test out the Minecraft Survival mode. Survival Test is quite different compared to what Minecraft is today. Pigs and Sheep would drop Mushrooms which was the only food item at the time. Players could find Red Mushrooms, but these hurt a player when eaten. This version also had a point system where each mob awarded different amounts of points. In this version, Iron Ore dropped Iron Blocks, Skeletons shoot out six arrows in all directions upon death, Gold Ore dropped Gold Blocks, and Coal Ore dropped Slabs. Creepers also exploded only when they were killed, used melee combat, and constantly hopped around. When a player destroys a block of Wood, it would drop 3–5 Wooden Planks in this version as well.
Differences from Minecraft Classic[edit | edit source]
- There was a health bar.
- There was food.
- 7 new mobs are added: creepers, Zombies, Skeletons, Spiders, pigs, sheep, and Giants.
- Humans appeared after the update of 0.24_07.
- When a player died, they must load a saved world or generate a fresh one.
- Players could drown.
- Lava could kill a player.
- A player would start with 10 TNT and 20 Arrows.
- Skeleton arrows were purple.
- Sheep could eat Grass.
- Players could see their hand.
- New Tools were added.
- Game modes were added.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Giants were added in the last 0.30 Survival Test version, but they never were officially implemented because they were overpowered.
- Creepers were added in 0.24, when Notch modeled the pig incorrectly.
- Pigs were added in 0.24_05, but the pigs were cross-eyed when they were first added.
- In the 0.26 Survival Test version, Dirt Slabs were introduced. They were removed because they disrupted the generation of hills.
- In 0.24, the test for the resources, it was Creative instead of Survival. It was tested for Item dropping entities. But, it had a Survival Test-like terrain.
- In the 0.26 Survival Test version, spiders originally had black eyes and brown skin.
- In 0.24_SURVIVAL_TEST to 0.24_SURVIVAL_TEST_03, if a creeper exploded in water, it would provide an Infinite Water Source block.
- A player hand was added in 0.24_07 when selected nothing.
- Plate armor was dark yellow in 0.24_02 when testing mob armor.
- In Minecraft 0.24, mobs weren't be able to attack yet and dealt no damage.
- In Minecraft 0.26, you have 12 armor slots and RPG stats.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Pigs in 0.24_05.
0.27 SURVIVAL TEST 10.
Minecraft SURVIVAL TEST 0.26 inventory