Water Breathing is a Status Effect which temporarily allows a Player to swim underwater without drowning for a longer duration than they would without it, and consequently taking no damage. This effect will also slightly increase visibility underwater.
Like all other status effects, it can be removed by drinking Milk.
Source[edit | edit source]
This status effect can be gained from four sources:
- Potion of Water Breathing
- Arrow of Water Breathing
- Turtle Shells
- Conduit Power (another Status Effect, it combines water breathing with night vision & haste).
Similar Effects[edit | edit source]
- The Respiration enchantment allows a player to breathe longer underwater before dying to drowning, but it does not make them completely immune to it. This enchantment does not grant enhanced visibility underwater (after Minecraft Java version 1.13.0), unlike Night Vision.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Water Breathing.png
- Water Breathing Potion.png
- Water Breathing Arrow Sprite.png