|Click to view a list of all the stubs in this wiki!||Wait! I'm still growing!
This article is a stub. You can help the Minecraft Wiki bythis article.
|Click to view a list of all the stubs in this wiki!|
Zoglins are hostile mobs created when a hoglin is brought into the Overworld, at which point it becomes zombified. They were introduced in Java Edition 1.16 snapshot 20w14a. It will attack most mobs except for creepers and other zoglins and ghasts.
Spawning[edit | edit source]
If a Hoglin is in the Overworld or The End for over 15 seconds (300 ticks), it will zombify. Zoglin despawns if the difficulty is Peaceful [Java Edition only]. In Bedrock Edition, zoglin exists within the world but remain hostile. When Tamed, Zoglins attacks Llamas and any Mountains Biome living mobs.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Zoglins naturally attack all nearby mobs except for creepers and other zoglins and ghasts. They will also cause piglins to flee if they are not in combat. Zoglin's attack flings the target into the air. Baby ones, however, don't have this ability.
Zoglins cannot be bred, and will ignore warped fungus, and are not repelled by blocks that repel hoglins. Unlike normal hoglins, baby zoglins attack baby piglins.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Zoglins upon death drops from 1 to 3 rotten flesh and 5 XP when killed. The maximum is increased by 1 with each level of Looting, with a maximum of 1-6 with looting III. In Bedrock Edition, adult zoglins drop 1-3 exp.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Like "Johnny" vindicators, zoglins had a similar behavior, which is to attack all mobs except ghasts, creepers, and other zoglins.
- Unlike all other undead mobs, zoglins are damaged by splash potions of harming and poison and healed by splash potions of healing and regeneration. This is extremely bizarre, as they are undead mobs, and thus the opposite should be true instead. They are currently the only undead mobs to exhibit this odd trait.
- Zoglins will sink in lava and water and will drown despite being undead creatures.
- When zoglins attack, they fling players into the air, even when they use shields.
- Unlike baby hoglins, baby zoglins will do the same amount of damage as adults do without flinging entities in the air.
- Zoglins have the same amount of health and do the same amount of damage as hoglins.
- "Zoglin" is short for Zombified Hoglin.
- Zoglins won't ever spawn naturally since hoglins are scared of nether portals. To make one in survival, lure a hoglin into an unlit portal frame. Once the hoglin is there, light the portal. The hoglin will be teleported to the overworld and turn into a zoglin in 25 seconds.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The transformation from a hoglin into a zoglin.
The spawn egg for the zoglin.
An Adult Zoglin attacking.
A Baby Zoglin attacking.